The center was established at the initiative of Social Fond “Peaceful Development in the Fergana Valley” and Osh State University, with the financial support of the Peace and Development Programme UNDP.
It is well known that the Fergana Valley, a territory, which presents problems in concentrated form and are woven into a complex tangle of contradictions (the problem of borders, poverty, lack of fertile land and water resources, unemployment, ethnic tensions, and so on. D.). These challenges and threats have the potential to implement, so the need for a deeper study and reflection, without which it is not possible to develop preventive and effective interventions. There is a chance projection of any domestic conflicts on interethnic relations in the region. Accordingly, one of the most explosive issues for the region is the problem of inter-ethnic conflicts; on this basis, in order to prevent these problems need to strengthen institutional mechanisms for conflict prevention.
The purpose of the Center is strengthening institutional mechanisms of peace-building, conflict analysis and potential development.
To achieve these objectives, the Centre is working on the following tasks:
– The establishment of regular communication platforms to discuss the socio-economic problems in the region with the participation of leaders of various social groups, interests, researchers / analysts and politicians;
– Developing training programs and modules on conflict and their implementation into the educational process;
– Conducting trainings and seminars on conflict for faculty members and students; и
– Conducting social research; – Preparation and publication of analytical reports on the analysis of the situation and conflict prevention;
– Developing mechanisms and best practices for early warning / notification of conflicts;
– Collaborating with similar centers and departments of other universities.
Head of center is a candidate of Ped. Sc., Abazbek uulu Rasul